Monday, September 1, 2008

A Dream Come True... and then some

Finally composing a blog entry... and nothing but this wonderful dream come true has inspired me to finally share a story. :)

My 'baby' sister won our local beauty pageant... oh, hey... let me say that again: TOOTSIE is Ms. Kagay-an 2008! Wooooooooohhooooooooo! You can't imagine how much more shouting I did during the coronation night... yes, me, shouting. I know, I'm not the type. But then again its not everyday your little sister (who isn't so little by the way) is suddenly up on stage with more than a thousand people watching her, besting 14 other candidates! And what makes me prouder is that she didn't do this with her saccharine smile and grace -- she used her brains!! Which just proves all over again that those of us who have the power of logical thought have an edge over the mindless Barbie dolls walking the earth. (No, I'm not mad, he he.)

She does give me fresh hope in humanity --- that people like her, who DREAM of joining beauty pageants, who eat pineapples for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner for a month, who says "no , thank you" to yummy pizza --- well, that they can exist to be that seemingly vain and yet not be. Not really.

Having a crown on her head... it was her dream. And she went for it.

And no, I'm not gonna stop there and leave you with that fairy tale ending... the reality is so much better!! Along with that absolutely fake crown came an amazingly cute but extraordinarily functional notebook -- HP no less, 8.9" display, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB hard disk... need I say more, I mean you do realize she got this for FREE!!!! And a trip to the US/Turkey, a 21" TV, some money, a lot of other giveaways and did I mention a notebook???  The one she got for free? Damn! Why didn't I ever think of that???

What else can I say? You've made me so proud my dearest little sister, and you've inspired me to go after my own dreams. Thank you.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jang, we are so happy and proud of tootsie.. I can still remember how small and bataot she was 6 years ago....she is stunningly beautiful now... Ms. Philippines sunod ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jang..Im really HAPPY>>>HAPPY and PROUND for her too (tootsie)..Im still remember when she have a dentist app. and drop her school for the ballet....its seems like yesterday i drop her in school..I know in my heart 100% that she'll win the pageant..Tell her i'll pray for her in this comming MS. Philippines..I LOVE IT i can't express how happy i am for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know! its great how we can all say we were once a part of her life no? hehe.. i read your blog jov, about old friends and new friends, and about some of life's disappointments... i've been there too. but then i guess life's like that di ba? and somehow, we just can't get used to it. but don't you think its better that way? that we still expect good things to happen despite all the bad experiences we've had? i think its called optimism. :) and they say hope is one of God's gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i will, and i'm sure tootsie remembers all of that too and is grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi jang, congrats to tootsie we are so proud and happy for her...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaja---I had a different mindset about beauty pageants until this one. .... yes! tootsie certainly caught everyone by surprise and " marked up " the price of beauty pageants. Hey ....she believed in herself all the way ---since her childhood days ! Yes ----dreams come true and she did it all on her own. She deserves it!!!! Tita Ann-g here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, somebody named tita ann-g hacked my identity!!!! Jang i see you're now an expert blogger. Loved the pics. Tootsie's towering over everybody with an added 6 inches or so with that crown and a couple more with the heels. In the mean time I better change my password else that tita ann-g comes over to hack me again. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehe... mangamigo ra ko aning "tita an-g" para di na sya kinahanglan mag-hack ug lain page. hehehehe... oi, when are you in town? is it ok if i have janine drop the (Three Cups of Tea) book off at the ballet studio?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey jaja..makes me wish i'd joined the pageant for that free notebook and tv and trip to turkey..hahahaha!!but really,tootsie deserved to win. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HP 2133 -->this cute little thingy happens to be my baby as well.

    ReplyDelete